We make our own Mokume Gane (Japanese for: “Wood-Metal”). It is a beautiful technique that can be used for all kinds of jewellery. We use it especially for wedding rings and engagement rings. By layering and fusing different precious metals and then forging them, we create colour-combinations and patterns. It is this what makes Mokume Gane wedding rings so special. Every ring will have its own “DNA”.
We have a range of Mokume Gane bands here in our Shop and Workshop in Canterbury and some ideas on styles below. What you see is just a sample of the vast potential of Mokume Gane, with new combinations and patterns always being developed. We can guide you by trying different width, shapes colours and patterns to help you finding the right style for you.
Our metal combinations
Please hover on each ring to see details on the metal combinations
We have recently developed three new colour combinations, two containing Platinum and our latest with Silver, Palladium and 18ct Red Gold.
These are the combinations we currently make:
- Silver and Palladium, the strongest contrast in grey
- Silver Palladium and Platinum, a strong contrast with the refinement of the Platinum as a medium grey
- Silver Palladium and a few fine layers of 18 karat yellow gold, a lively combination
- Silver and 18kt White gold, a very slightly warmer grey
- Silver, Palladium and 18ct Red Gold
- Two white-gold alloys, grey with a warm glow
- Palladium and 18 karat red gold, quite a fine and subtle combination
- 18 karat white and yellow gold, a very nice and warm grey and yellow Mokume Gane
- Palladium and 18karat yellow gold, a bit cooler and more subtle than the white and yellow gold
- Silver 18 karat white gold and Platinum, fine grain with a lot if life
- Platinum and Fine Gold, very precious and subtle
- Platinum and Silver, the lightest grey tones of our combinations
- Platinum Palladium, the hardest wearing of our combinations with a subtle colour contrast
Patterns & designs
Please hover on each ring to see details on the pattern and design
We can make your rings with these patterns and designs:
- Classic wood grain patterns
- More circular patterns
- Star patterns
We can also make all those Mokume Gane patterns and combinations with flush rails or defined rails.
Our rings can be sized at any time, should that be required. That is why our Mokume Gane rings are solid Mokume Gane – we never use veneer type designs.
It takes usually 6 weeks to complete an order, but please tell us when you need your ring and we will try our best. All our rings are made to order.